Monday, January 24, 2011

A gust of wind

Your memory seems to come and go,
The way I would climb out my window late at night,
There are things I wish you could have know,
 Maybe then things would  have been alright,
You were my comfort and friend,
A mischievous source of energy,
My light at the end,
And even though you are gone- will forever be a part of me,
The sun would set and you and I would be hand in hand,
You were the only one that ever truly could always understand,
You kissed me goodbye and said that you would return,
Late at night I'd wait for you,
Knowing there was no way you would have gone back on your word,
But those times are through,
I still to this day wonder where you are,
Pray upon your soul with every shooting star,
The roses blossom and I start to wonder,
If you think of me too-and go back to that summer,
When we were carefree,
We danced in the rain and watched the thunder,
When I was all that mattered to you-and you were all that mattered to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment